Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes
Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes are celebrating their fifth year as New Jersey’s indie folk powerhouse. From beginnings in 2011, they have launched into success both on the air and on the ground. 2016’s Welcoming the Flood gathered rave reviews and top-charting airplay, and the band continues to expand its touring range. Dubbed “wizards” and “musical scamps”, they deftly adapt their big, catchy, complex sound from festival stages to listening rooms.
The band loves to swap songs with fellow players, and it shows. Lucky audiences have caught them hatching musical mischief on stage with their friends including The Kennedys, The Levins, Bobtown, and fellow 2016 Falcon Ridge “Most Wanted” artists Gina Forsyth and Annika Bennett.
With their infectious love of music, lyrical imagery, and Scott’s unconquerable voice soaring above the rich counterpoint laid down by Kirk, Matt, Chris, Mike, and Skyler, Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes set toes tapping and imaginations humming everywhere they go.
- Official Formal Showcase Artist - NERFA November 2016
- Most Wanted – Falcon Ridge Folk Festival - March, 2016
- Welcoming The Flood Debuts at # 15 on the Roots Music Report’s Top 50 Alternative Folk Album Chart - February, 2016
- Unloved Daughter Debuts at # 14 on the Roots Music Report’s Top 50 Alternative Folk Song Chart - February, 2016
- Played 54th Annual Philadelphia Folk Festival - July/August, 2015
- Grassy Hill Emerging Artist Showcase – Falcon Ridge Folk Festival - July, 2015
- Life on Fire #55 in the Roots Music Report most played Folk albums of 2014
- Life on Fire #162 in the Folk DJ-List most played Folk albums of 2014
- Official Quad Showcase – NERFA - November 13-16, 2014
- Life on Fire debuted at # 60 on The Alternate Root’s Top 66 Intl Airplay Chart
- Official Showcase – NJ One-Day NERFA - April 5, 2014
- Life on Fire debuted at #28 on the FolkDJ Chart - March
- Life on Fire climbed to #8 on the Roots Music Report Nationally - March 28, 2014
- Life on Fire climbed to #2 on the Roots Music Report for New Jersey - March 28, 2014
- The Backseat and Me debuted at #2 on the Roots Music Folk Song Report Nationally - March 28, 2014
- Nothing to It climbed to #17 on the Roots Music Folk Song Report Nationally - April 11, 2014
“This band doesn’t hesitate to ignite like a match on their fiery second collection, Welcoming The Flood. Listen to these dudes…these people are magicians…wizards…”
"Scott Wolfson & Other Heroes is a talent-laden band. They're equally comfortable going electric or acoustic, and Welcoming the Flood is full of well-crafted songs that reveal new insights with repeated listening."
"Welcoming The Flood is the next step in the evolution of Scott Wolfson And Other Heroes. The sound is fuller, the band more expansive and the songwriting is witty and intelligent.This is the best SWAOH project yet!"
“The band’s happy, full sound is infectious. Scott Wolfson’s voice is silky with an edge. The future of folk rock is here.”
“...Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes, a remarkable band from the folk Mecca of Jersey City. Their inspiring set, the last of the afternoon, had everyone on their feet singing and dancing in a spontaneous celebration that summed up what the one day conference was all about. Music that reaches people. Music that is shared. A community that raises their voice as one.”