Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes
Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes are fast making a name for themselves as New Jersey’s indie folk powerhouse. From beginnings in 2011, they have launched into success both on the air and on the ground: their debut album, Life on Fire, reached #8 on the Roots Music Report and charted on Folk DJ’s list of most-played 2014 albums. The band has appeared onstage at the Philadelphia Folk Fest, and as an Emerging Artist at the 2015 Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, voted one of the 2016 'Most Wanted' Artists, performing on the main stage this year.
Wth their 2016 release, Welcoming the Flood, they stand ready to broaden that success. Scott’s rich lyricism and soulful voice stands at the front of an inimitable band: Matt Laurita serves up tasty leads on guitar and banjo, Skyler Bode juggles keys and buttons, Chris Kelly drives the percussion, and Kirk Siee ties the room together on upright bass.
Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes are carving a place in the contemporary folk landscape with their infectious melodies, insightful lyrics, and devilish arrangements. Reviewers have dubbed them "dance hall folk", “musical scamps,” “the future of folk rock,” and “an Indie Folk music that could work on street corners or big stages.” Keep an eye out for them on stages, in house concerts, or at festivals near you!
- Most Wanted – Falcon Ridge Folk Festival - March, 2016
- Welcoming The Flood Debuts at # 15 on the Roots Music Report’s Top 50 Alternative Folk Album Chart - February, 2016
- Unloved Daughter Debuts at # 14 on the Roots Music Report’s Top 50 Alternative Folk Song Chart - February, 2016
- Played 54th Annual Philadelphia Folk Festival - July/August, 2015
- Grassy Hill Emerging Artist Showcase – Falcon Ridge Folk Festival - July, 2015
- Life on Fire #55 in the Roots Music Report most played Folk albums of 2014
- Life on Fire #162 in the Folk DJ-List most played Folk albums of 2014
- Official Quad Showcase – NERFA - November 13-16, 2014
- Life on Fire debuted at # 60 on The Alternate Root’s Top 66 Intl Airplay Chart
- Official Showcase – NJ One-Day NERFA - April 5, 2014
- Life on Fire debuted at #28 on the FolkDJ Chart - March
- Life on Fire climbed to #8 on the Roots Music Report Nationally - March 28, 2014
- Life on Fire climbed to #2 on the Roots Music Report for New Jersey - March 28, 2014
- The Backseat and Me debuted at #2 on the Roots Music Folk Song Report Nationally - March 28, 2014
- Nothing to It climbed to #17 on the Roots Music Folk Song Report Nationally - April 11, 2014
- Brooklyn Mermaids climbed to #9 on the Roots Music Americana Country Song Report Nationally - April 7, 2014
- 1972 – Played on John Platt’s Sunday Breakfast, WFUV 90.7, Bronx, NY - 2014
- Nothing to It – 2nd Place, Song of the Year, Radio Nowhere WMSC 90.3, Montclair, NJ - 2013
- Apocalypse Café – Honorable Mention, Mid-Atlantic Song Contest, Open - 2012
- Apocalypse Café – Finalist, Song of the Year, Radio Nowhere WMSC 90.3, Montclair, NJ - 2012
"Scott Wolfson & Other Heroes is a talent-laden band. They're equally comfortable going electric or acoustic, and Welcoming the Flood is full of well-crafted songs that reveal new insights with repeated listening."
"Welcoming The Flood is the next step in the evolution of Scott Wolfson And Other Heroes. The sound is fuller, the band more expansive and the songwriting is witty and intelligent.This is the best SWAOH project yet!"
“The band’s happy, full sound is infectious. Scott Wolfson’s voice is silky with an edge. The future of folk rock is here.”
“...Scott Wolfson and Other Heroes, a remarkable band from the folk Mecca of Jersey City. Their inspiring set, the last of the afternoon, had everyone on their feet singing and dancing in a spontaneous celebration that summed up what the one day conference was all about. Music that reaches people. Music that is shared. A community that raises their voice as one.”